Thursday, October 4, 2012

School? What's that?

Well, it's been three months since I stepped off that plane and came home from Europe. Ever since then, all I've wanted to do is go back. I think I left a piece of my heart there, and I can't wait until I get the opportunity to go back.

So many things have happened since then. School, rush, interviews, intramurals, club, and a million other things. We'll start with school. I'm taking 18 hours this semester, which is pretty crazy let me tell ya. Recently Accounting majors have been applying to different firms trying to get internships for this summer. I'm in this boat as well, and I have three interviews in the next two days. Needless to say I'm nervous, and anxious. But, I got a nice little reminder this morning from my little Pi sister. It was a simple note that said: 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Simple, yet so powerful. It was just what I needed to hear this morning because I've been trying to handle everything on my own. I've balanced it alright so far, but I'm slacking in many areas. At church we've been talking about how God is Limitless. I'm limited. Very limited, so why do I try to handle everything on my own when I'm limited? God is limitless and can handle anything, no matter how big or how small. Slowly but surely I'm realizing that I need to give it to him. Yes, it may have taken 21 years for me to realize this, but better late than never. 

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Since school started we've also had Rush and Induction. Things were different than last year, but they were still a lot of fun. I love my new little Pi sisters, and I cannot wait to get to know all the new members this year. So far, they're pretty amazing. 

Well I have a test I need to study for and interviews to get prepared for so that's all you get for today.

Song of the Day: 
I Will Rise - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment