Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stress.

My dream, along with everyone else's is to have college without the classes. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to work a few hours a week, spend time with friends all day, and not live at home? I'd take it in a heartbeat.

It seems like every time I write a blog it's after church on Wednesday nights... I guess the teacher just leaves me with something that makes me think every time. Our series is still Limitless. But last night we talked about Time Management. I'm pretty sure God was talking directly to me because I'm having issues with that right now. The first point of his lesson was, Learn to Say No.

Hello, that is my major problem. I can't say no to anyone. I want to help everyone with everything to the point that I have so much on my plate I just want to shut down. And if you can't tell, I'm at this point right now. Sure I may not be a nursing major that has clinicals or whatever, but I'm just as busy as every other person on this campus.

Sorry I definitely went off on a tangent there. Back to God. Every day I'm realizing that I need him more and more. I'm starting to manage all my stuff better because I've actually been spending time with him every day. Confession time, I've never kept up with daily Bible reading this long before. So far I've been doing it for a month. I can tell you right now, this last month has been better than ever. I may have been crazy busy, but I know that I have Jesus standing right beside me helping me through it. Pretty sad that it has taken me so long to realize that if I just let him in I'm more at peace.

I made the decision to become a Christian 7 years ago, and I think I'm closer to God now than I was when I made the decision. I know I was baptized for the right reasons, but I think I was still on the "camp high." I never had anyone study with me, so I've been trying to figure things out on my own. Needless to say, it's been a struggle for awhile, but I'm glad that God has given me the strength to power through and it's totally worth it.

Anyways, school is school like always. We're playing flag football in intramurals right now, and volleyball starts soon. We have three leagues, so I may die before the season is up. Pray for me. :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Song of the Day:
Legacy - Nicole Nordeman

No comments:

Post a Comment